Thursday, May 28, 2009

The friendly peeps of KK

My entry today is one of my farewell sequel to KK... After all these 3 years that I had loved, savour the sweet, sour, happy and gruesome moments, whenever I met up with any of these strangers, I would surely greet me with their warmth and friendliness... me feel right at home.

1) The cute guy at the petrol station.. "hi, baru balik kerja kah? lambat nya pulang... hari ni tak kerja, lama tak nampak... pergi outstation ya".. hehehe.. all the time, these will be our conversation. I started to realized that the same person greeted me about 2 years ago, because the petrol pump that I go is almost always the same everyweek. And every week, he'll be at the counter swiping my card, or at least my Mesra card. I guess it all started when his colleagues was making fun of him being in a huge picture/poster of Sabah cultural performance where he is one of the ethnic dancers.. (he's one the types Izzie's McYummy guy.. hehehe.. know what I mean?).... coincidently I was at the counter and I too joined in the laugh because his friends kept telling me he's now famous as an artist and I said... "wow.. can I get your autograph then".. Why is all the cute guys I like will always not met the minimum requirement/standard that I have set.. sigh...

2) Being away from home for as long as I can remember has moulded us to make our surroundings to be adjusted so that it become inhibitable to us.. the years I've been in the organization changed me to become more talkative, independent and somehow learning to master the skill of "communication". Effective communications will leave a deep impact to you, and somehow you can even remember the person's name and how they looked like. It was last 2 months that I had problem with my car and me being loyal, will always send for repair to the authorized dealer only. As I drove in hastily and absentmindedly, I approached a technician who is unknowingly very skillfull and the best they had at the place. The tasks was no easy as nobody could detect the problem.. and me being busy body and miss know it all kept telling them there's a problem.. I know, its my car and my baby. Maybe because of my absent minded and openness to the technician that had made me to have an impression to the whole group. And now, I am just a phone call away if I need any help with cars or engine or Proton service.. how convenient and helpful ey..

3) I have always had issues when trying to send Baju Kurung with the right taylor.. It even messed up with some very expensive fabric that I baught with exclusivity. Up to a point where I'd just leave my fabric over there and never claim it back.. (arghh - what a waste i know).. then one day, after a small shopping spree at the new Gulati's in town (they really had gorgeous fabrics there) the sales girl recommended me to try this shop at 6th Floor Wisma Merdeka. Well, I did and tried 1 suit. It turned out brilliantly as the kakak really know how to "conform to my requirements". She even went to the extra mile to calling me and asking how does it fits me, and gave me free alteration should it not.. Wow, this kind of service is the type that I can doubt I can get in KL or other big towns in semenanjung..

4) Everyday, when the heat is still at its peak on my way home from office, I would drop by to the Fruit Juice next to Giant stall to order the specialty of all the fruit juices.. which is any fruit mixed together.. for me its like a kid going for a colouring contest and trying all sorts of colours to colour a picture of a flower.. its an experiment! I've tried celery, cucumber, aloevera, banana, chinese pear, ... you name it. but my favourite is always simple creamy avocado juice and beetroot apple mix. For a more extreme adventure, try durian juice.. or mangosteen. The name is Ana, the girl who is behind the fruit mix machine. She and her cousins, siblings, and the rest of the girls work under one roof.

Alhamdulillah, when I have them, I feel right at home.. apart from my housemates and fellow YPC aigt.. Last night, it triggered me to think, will I be able to leave all these blessings behind me and look for a new comfort zone in the place I am going next.. I need to lure my mental state to be more receptive with what's coming ahead of me.. and be thankful for it to be there for me.

4 comments:

Emmachann said...

no no..please don't go. I'm losing my closest friends day by day.. uhuk2..

e f f a said...

alaalalallaa......

Che underscore Lee said...

coming back to semenanjung eh? when?

e f f a said...

blum tau lagi, soon..